Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ansley

My week with Ansley was so much fun! She is so energetic, and was a big help with Jordyn. She is so funny, she comes up with some of the craziest things. We had Relief Society at least twice a day, and the "songs" she would sing were very original. She loved playing with Gus, jumping on the trampoline, and roller blading. She found mine, and decided she wanted to learn how. They were way to big, but she did very well. When we first got there she wanted to hold Jordyn, and couldn't figure out why Jordyn wouldn't lay there for her. She wanted to hold Jordyn like a newborn baby, and Jordyn wanted to sit. Ansley got quite frustrated.

Ansley was so helpful with Jordyn, she fed her every night. She was actually pretty good at that. I told her that Joe usually feeds Jordyn, and so Ansley decided that since she was doing Joe's job we didn't need him anymore. She said she made a pretty good dad. She also helped change diapers, by the end of the week, she was pretty much changing them on her own. Ansley also helped give Jordyn baths, after the first couple of baths together failed Ansley decided she would help instead. Ansley was also really good at entertaining Jordyn, she played with her pretty well, she would share her carebear and grandma's tea set, but got really possesive over Jordyn's toys.

Overall, I really enjoyed staying with Ansley, I just hope she enjoyed it as well. I wish Curtis and Taylor the best of luck with her and Olivia. I think they are going to have their hands full with two girls.

Thursday we finally had Jordyn's 6 month check up. She is such a chunk, she weighed in at 19 lbs (92%), and is 26 3/4 inches (78%). She is so strong. The doctor thinks she is going to be an early crawler and walker.

2 comments:

The Plum Verbena said...

Thanks for doing this post Courtney! I was so worried that you would never want to watch her again- she can be quite a handful! Thanks again for watching her, she came home and showed us all the gymnastics you taught her, I think she had a lot of fun. And she has been very helpful with changing Olivia's daipers! Lol. Glad you survived your week with my girl!

Larson Family said...

How fun!! Ansley is a hoot! Are you working still? Just wondering?